1. Home
  2. What's New
  3. Services
  4. Parent
  5. Provider
  6. County
  7. How Do I...?
  8. Search for Child Care
Homebreadcrumb separatorDCDEE Sectionsbreadcrumb separatorEarly Educator Support, Licensure and Professional Development (EESLPD)breadcrumb separatorTeacher Employment Eligibility Requirements

Teacher Employment Eligibility Requirements

How do I Qualify?

If you hold a current or expired Initial or Continuing NC Educator’s License, you may qualify to be a NC Pre-K Lead Teacher.

If you do not hold a NC Educator’s License, you are required to have a relevant or related BA/BS degree from an regionally accredited college or university with a minimum GPA of 2.5.

Relevant Degree

Related Degree


Family and Child Studies

Child Development

Human Development and Family Studies

Child and Family Development

Human Growth and Family Studies

Early Childhood Education


Human Growth and Development




If your BA/BS degree is not in a related or relevant field, you are required to have a minimum of 24 semester hours of early childhood education/child development coursework. These semester hours can only be counted by the EESLPD Unit staff.


If your cumulative GPA on your BA/BS degree is below the required 2.5, please contact Tamiah Pittman, Intake and Enrollment Specialist, at or 919-527-6676.




2201 Mail Service Center | Raleigh, NC 27699-2200
919-814-6300 | 1-800-859-0829 (In State Only)

Back To Top