Business Practices for Family Child Care Homes
The Office of Child Care’s National Center on Early Childhood Quality Assurance is partnering with Tom Copeland on three upcoming webinars on improving business practices for Family Child Care Homes (FCCHs). The Division of Child Development and Early Education strongly recommends that all Family Child Care Homes plan to attend.
Business of Family Child Care: Marketing With Tom Copeland
April 6, 2022, from 8:00 to 9:30 p.m. (Eastern Daylight Time [EDT])
FCCHs will acquire the knowledge and confidence to better promote their business and to succeed as a business. The content includes:
- Identifying the strengths of their program
- Learning five key marketing strategies
- Using the Internet to promote their program (e.g., Facebook, Craigslist, child care forums, online classified ads)
- Competing against child care centers and exempt providers.
Click here to register for the April 6th webinar.
Business of Family Child Care: Legal and Insurance Issues With Tom Copeland
April 20, 2022, from 8:00 to 9:30 p.m. (EDT)
FCCHs will learn how to protect the children in their care, their property, and themselves. The content includes:
- Self-protection checklist to help reduce risks
- Homeowner and business property insurance
- Business liability and car insurance
- Legal issues: Custody disputes, price-fixing, and privacy.
Click here to register for the April 20th webinar.
Business of Family Child Care: Money Management/Retirement With Tom Copeland
May 4, 2022, from 8:00 to 9:30 p.m. (EDT)
FCCHs will learn how to save more money for retirement and will learn how to invest using the various IRA plans available. The content includes:
- Identify ways to reduce expenses.
- Recognize where to put money to meet short- and long-term goals.
- Learn how to prioritize long-term financial goals.
- Understand the five basic rules of retirement planning.
- Gain knowledge about IRA retirement plans for providers (e.g., traditional IRA, Roth IRA, SIMPLE, SEP).
Click here to register for the May 4th webinar.