NC Child Care Commission First Quarter Meeting and Public Hearing
The North Carolina Child Care Commission will hold its First Quarter Meeting on September 14, 2020 by WebEx beginning at 9:00 a.m. A public hearing will also be held during this meeting on proposed rule amendments and fiscal note to implement new birth-kindergarten teacher licensing pathways, provide countable annual training credit for receiving technical assistance (TA), increase enforcement of out-of-state background checks, and modify operational documentation and communication requirements. The proposed amendments also include technical edits and clarifies amendments that were made since the review of existing rules in 2019. The public hearing will begin at 1:00 p.m. The comment period begins on August 7, 2020 and ends on October 16, 2020. Comments may be submitted by email to Dedra.Alston@dhhs.nc.gov or by mailing Dedra Alston, Division of Child Development and Early Education, 2201 Mail Service Center, Raleigh, NC 27699-2200.
Also, during its First Quarter meeting on September 14, 2020, and as an Agenda item set for 10:45 a.m. or as soon as may be heard, the Commission will hold a hearing on the Petition of Sylvia Corry, Owner/Director of Kids R Home Child Development. See Petition: The public is invited to make written comments and/or oral presentations during the hearing. See WebEx link below for access to the September 14, 2020 meeting. Also, comments may be submitted in advance of the meeting by email to Dedra.Alston@dhhs.nc.gov.
The public is invited to participate as an attendee during the meeting by clicking on the following link: https://ncgov.webex.com/ncgov/onstage/g.php?MTID=e8053308a46e9ea6d1b04550aed4faa37
How to Make a Public Comment
If you wish to share a comment in writing, you may do so in 1 of 3 ways.
- Send your comment in an email to Dedra.Alston@dhhs.nc.gov no later than October 16, 2020.
- Send your comment via US Postal mail to Dedra Alston, Division of Child Development and Early Education, 2201 Mail Service Center, Raleigh, NC 27699-2200. Mailed comments must be postmarked no later than October 16, 2020.
- Type your comment in the Q&A function of the Child Care Commission’s WebEx Public Comment Hearing (Monday, September 14, 2020 at 9:00 am).
If you are submitting written public comment, the Commission asks that you provide (not required) your name and the facility/type of facility/organization that you are representing.
If you wish to share a comment verbally, through the web conference, please do the following:
- In order to speak online, you must connect to the meeting through a computer or tablet. DCDEE is unable to open audio lines if a commenter’s connection is through a phone line (either mobile or land).
- Use the “raise hand” function in the WebEx room & wait to hear your name, to be called upon to speak.
- The raise hand function is indicated by the hand symbol and is located on the bottom right of the screen. Click this symbol once, and your interest in speaking with be indicated to the conference online moderator. Speakers will be asked to speak and unmuted in the order in which they indicated their interest.
- When you begin your comment, please identify yourself. Please state your name as well as your associated facility and type, or agency/organization so the group can be aware of who is speaking.
- Please speak slowly and clearly. Please try not to talk over another speaker.