NC Child Care Commission Holds Public Hearing for Proposed Temporary Rules
The NC Child Care Commission will hold a Public Hearing on proposed temporary rules regarding care for school-age children during the state of emergency. The public hearing will be held on August 19, 2020, from 9:00 am until 10:30 am by WebEx. Comments may be submitted by email to Dedra.Alston@dhhs.nc.gov or by mailing to Dedra Alston, Division of Child Development and Early Education, 2201 Mail Service Center, Raleigh, NC 27699-2200. The comment period begins on August 12, 2020 and ends on September 2, 2020. The public is invited to participate as an attendee during the meeting by clicking on the following link: https://ncgov.webex.com/ncgov/onstage/g.php?MTID=e4ecbb8ed69b589ad53dccd0e2a221e12
How to Make a Public Comment
If you wish to share a comment in writing, you may do so in 1 of 3 ways.
- Send your comment in an email to Dedra.Alston@dhhs.nc.gov no later than September 2, 2020.
- Send your comment via US Postal mail to Dedra Alston, Division of Child Development and Early Education, 2201 Mail Service Center, Raleigh, NC 27699-2200. Mailed comments must be postmarked no later than September 2, 2020.
- Type your comment in the Q&A function of the Child Care Commission’s WebEx Public Comment Hearing (Wednesday, August 19, 2020 at 9:00 am).
If you are submitting written public comment, the Commission asks that you provide (not required) your name and the facility/type of facility/organization that you are representing.
If you wish to share a comment verbally, through the web conference, please do the following:
- In order to speak online, you must connect to the meeting through a computer or tablet. DCDEE is unable to open audio lines if a commenter’s connection is through a phone line (either mobile or land).
- Use the “raise hand” function in the WebEx room & wait to hear your name, to be called upon to speak.
- The raise hand function is indicated by the hand symbol and is located on the bottom right of the screen. Click this symbol once, and your interest in speaking with be indicated to the conference online moderator. Speakers will be asked to speak and unmuted in the order in which they indicated their interest.
- When you begin your comment, please identify yourself. Please state your name as well as your associated facility and type, or agency/organization so the group can be aware of who is speaking.
- Please speak slowly and clearly. Please try not to talk over another speaker.