Updated COVID-19 Child Care Payment Policies
DCDEE has released important updated COVID-19 Child Care Payment Policy information. The key update in this edition is that all child care employees working on-site at a child care facility that is approved to provide child care in November and December 2020, as well as teachers and assistants in NC Pre-K and Head Start programs who are serving children face-to-face during November and December, will receive a bonus for their service during the COVID-19 crisis.
The COVID-19 Child Care Payment Policies apply to licensed or regulated child care facilities, as well as some NC Pre-K and Head Start Programs, for the months of April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November and December 2020 (subject to the availability of funding) related to:
- Bonus payments to child care teachers and staff providing services during the COVID-19
- Emergency School-Age Family Support Program,
- Subsidized Child Care program payments,
- Operational Grants to open providers,
- NC Pre-K Program payments, and
- Emergency Child Care Subsidy program payments.